Postdoctoral Fellow Metabolism & Physiology
Job posting number: #7206010 (Ref:hlj_51375)
Posted: January 10, 2024
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be the first Florida’s National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
The Inna Smalley Lab studies the role of tumor heterogeneity and microenvironment in promoting drug resistance and metastasis to the central nervous system. We utilize complex in vitro and in vivo modelling, coupled with high-throughput multi-omic technologies to delineate the interactions among tumor cells and between the tumor and the microenvironment. More information can be found here: https://lab.moffitt.org/smalley-inna/research/
- The fellow will obtain expertise in modeling central nervous system metastasis and gain expertise in the biology of leptomeningeal disease.
- The fellow will receive personalized career development training for a strong career in academic science.
- The fellow will work in an outstanding collegiate team environment and benefit from a wide variety of expertise, from a clinical perspective to bioinformatics, on an integrative project.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has some expertise in tissue reconstruction.
- Has strong expertise in in vitro and in vivo tumor modeling.
- Has a strong track record of publication.
- Has a positive attitude and works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead a scientific project, gather and analyze data, assemble figures and draft manuscripts on their work.
- Assist with funding applications.
- Mentor junior scientists in the lab.
- Share unique expertise with other lab members.
- Work as part of a team and assist in others’ projects.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD in Biology/Cancer Biology (or similar field).
- Should have at least one first-author publication.
- Able to read, write, and present scientific work in English.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical Insurance (Moffitt covers premium for team members) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation assistance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Inna Smalley at [email protected]
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.