Postdoctoral Scientist - Heung Lab - Women’s Guild Lung Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7198082 (Ref:HRC1433964)
Posted: December 1, 2023
If you are passionate about helping human kind by contributing to research discoveries, we invite to consider this phenomenal opportunity and apply today!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Principal Investigator, Lena Heung, MD, PhD is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join her research team in the Women's Guild Lung Institute!
The Heung Lab studies the role of highly developed and adaptive immune cells in the response to opportunistic fungal infections in the lungs. The ideal applicant should have an interest in immunology and host-pathogen interactions and prior experience in flow cytometry, tissue culture, microbiology, molecular biology (e.g., ELISA, RT-PCR, Western blotting, cloning), and rodent studies (e.g., infections, dissection, bone marrow chimeras, adoptive transfer). Bioinformatics and computational experience would be an advantage.
The incumbent will work independently under the direction of the Principal Investigator and in cooperation with other research staff. The Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period and may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. The role is responsible for analyzing and interpreting data. The incumbent may assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds. The Postdoc is expected to participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Travel may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and performing experiments; analyzing, interpreting and compiling data for presentation; maintaining appropriate written and electronic records.
- Assisting with training of junior lab members and participation in collaborations with other investigators.
- Submitting fellowship proposals and assisting the PI with grant proposal.
- Operating and maintaining equipment and instruments.
- Following all laboratory safety standards and policies.
- Appropriate monitoring and care of the rodent colony as related to the research project.
- Scheduling flexibility including evening, weekend and holiday rotation commitment.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform experimental procedures (including detailed data collection and analysis).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient digital literacy, and the ability to work across subject areas and functional units.
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell culture, handling microbial samples, cellular and molecular biology techniques, and rodent handling is preferred.
Ability to work with rodents, perform procedures/benchwork, and use specialized equipment and computers for extended periods of time. Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions. Duties will require walking throughout the Medical Center.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Heung Lab - Women’s Guild Lung Institute
Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00