Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Molecular Biology of Breast Cancer Health Disparities
Job posting number: #7158873 (Ref:hlj_47497)
Posted: July 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The laboratories of Dr. Douglas Cress at the Moffitt Cancer Center and Dr. Harold Saavedra at the Ponce Health Sciences University are happy to announce an open postdoctoral position to support a newly funded grant entitled, “Targeting centrosome‐mitotic kinases as a novel therapeutic approach against breast cancers in Hispanic/Latinas”. The work will be performed at the Moffitt Cancer at the University of South Florida Campus. We are seeking a motivated individual who has recently earned a PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology.
- This project will seek to identify and target deregulated signaling pathways that drive poor prognosis in underserved racial and ethnic groups relevant to Florida and the Carribean
- Trainees will gain experience working the area of basic biology underlying cancer health disparities
- As a multi-institutional project, embedded within a larger partnership between the Moffitt Cancer Center and the Ponce Health Sciences University, the trainee with gain valuable cultural experience
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have strong training and interest in cell and molecular biology, with interest in imaging technologies
- The ideal candidate will have strong interest in research that address cancer health disparities utitilzing multiple preclinical model systems
- The trainee will be primarily responsible to lead a research project under the direction of two senior leaders
- The trainee will have secondary responsibities related to lab manangements and training for students in the lab
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology (or related fields)
- Should have at least one first author publication.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation assistance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should attach a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references for Dr. Cress to review.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.