Postdoctoral Associate - Immunology
Job posting number: #7157762 (Ref:pt100126)
Posted: June 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Li completed her PhD at Tsinghua University under the supervision of Chen Dong. Her doctoral work explored the role of B7S1 in driving T cell exhaustion within tumor contexts. During her postdoctoral training with Mark Davis at Stanford University, she identified KIR+CD8+ T cells as an important CD8+ regulatory T subset in humans. Dr. Li will join Department of Immunology and Hillman Cancer Center as an Assistant Professor on October 1, 2023.
Salary is commensurate with experience and based on current NIH guidelines.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- • Hold, or are about to obtain, a PhD or MD degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology or Relevant fields.
• Have experience in Immunological assays (e.g., flow cytometry and primary immune cell isolation and culture), mouse tumor models and analyses of patient specimens will be highly valued.
• Additional skills in bioinformatics and single cell analysis are considered a plus.
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Li Lab, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly alongside Dr. Li and develop expertise in a wide array of techniques. You will also have the chance to refine your career-related skills, including oral presentations, manuscript preparation, and grant writing. Dr. Li is committed to fully supporting your professional development and will assist you in applying for postdoctoral fellowships or career development grants.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- • Flow cytometry
• Primary immune cell isolation and culture
• Mouse tumor models
• Analyses of patient specimens
For more info about this position, visit:For a complete list of published work by Dr. Li, please visit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1ncWtM7wZry1cA/bibliography/public/?sortby=pubDate&sdirection=descending
Application Instructions:To apply, please contact Dr. Li directly via email at [email protected]. Kindly include a cover letter outlining your research interests, a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and the contact information of three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Also, be sure to officially apply to this position by visiting join.pitt.edu, and under the "Find Positions Tab" click on Postdoctoral Associate Positions, search for Position# 23004789 in the Key Word Field.