Bioinformatics/Machine Learning/Biomarker Discovery Postdoctoral Fellow
Job posting number: #7157346 (Ref:67420)
Posted: June 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Dr. Xiaoqing Yu’s Lab, within the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting inter-disciplinary projects in omics data analysis and cancer biomarker discover. The post-doctoral research fellow will also be co-mentored by Drs. Jamie Teer, Xuefeng Wang and Bradford Perez. The positions will remain open until filled.
- The position is essential for development of comprehensive tools benefiting basic to clinical research through identification of novel biomarkers to treat cancer and the improved treatment stratification of cancer patients.
- The postdoctoral research fellow will enjoy a close working relationship with bioinformaticians, statisticans, clinicians, translational researchers, as well as bench scientists to establish a well-rounded multidisciplinary team.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Research background/experiences in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computational Biology, Machine Learning, or Computer Science.
- A highly motivated and independent researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background.
- Programming experience in statistical program R and/or scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience in cancer genomics is not required but the ability to learn new knowledge is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience of integration of multi-omics data such as WES, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc, is preferred.
- Develop and extend machine learning methods for big cancer Omics data such as single-cell omics data and spatial transcriptomics data.
- Develop bioinformatics pipelines for analyzing high dimensional immunological data.
- Develop novel visualization tools for interpreting big cancer Omics data.
- Discover new predictive biomarkers for cancer prognosis.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer and bioinformatics research projects.
Credentials and Qualifications:
PhD in Bioinformatics, Statistics/Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related fields.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation assistance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Xiaoqing Yu ([email protected]).
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.