Postdoctoral Fellow (PhD)
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7143515 (Ref:15699-en_US)
Posted: May 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Postdoctoral Fellow will perform basic research using electrophysiological recordings in human patients to understand basic cognitive functions. The Fellow will design and implement novel behavioral tasks for humans to answer basic science questions related to decision-making, reward, executive control, and with relevance to psychiatric illness. Additionally, The Fellow will implement analysis of physiological data and will work in a larger laboratory setting with a collaborative group of 5 PIs.
- Devises novel hypotheses, designs specific behavioral tasks, programs those tasks using Matlab or Python, debugs these tasks, and collects data from patients and matched controls.
- Supervises collection of electrophysiological data, including managing, fixing, and improving the electrophysiological apparatus, working with medical staff, and with other lab members, to ensure collection of reliable data.
- Develops novel analysis approaches for understanding spiking or field potential data collected, as well as for understanding of behavior.
- Prepares scientific manuscripts, writes grants, reviews scientific manuscripts, and presents data in poster and talk form at scientific conferences.
- Actively participates in laboratory activities, including journal clubs and seminars.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.