Postdoctoral Associate- Epigenetics
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7142721 (Ref:15647-en_US)
Posted: April 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral fellowship position is available in the laboratory of Lanlan Shen at Baylor College of Medicine. The project involves studying epigenetic mechanisms using in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo models. We especially welcome applicants who are recent graduates and are interested in pursuing an independent academic career.
The focus of our laboratory is transcriptional regulation by DNA methylation across development and tumorigenesis. The research work will involve a combination of genomics, epigenomics, and CRISPR-gene editing approaches and a variety of model systems including organoids, genetically and epigenetically engineered mice. Next generation sequencing, single cell genomics, and bioinformatics pipelines is an integral part of this fellowship.
- Conducts independent research in the field of epigenetics and epigenomics.
- Assists with experimental design and data interpretation.
- Participates/assists with manuscript writing for publication and/or presentation.
- Participates in CNRC journal club, faculty seminars, and fellow seminars.
- Presents research (talks and posters) annually at the national and international meetings such as American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) annual meeting, the Keystone Symposium, etc.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Background in molecular biology or a closely related field.
- Experience with intestinal organoids, mouse models, and/or computational biology.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.