Postdoctoral Fellow in Single Cell and Multi-omics Computational Research
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7138420 (Ref:hlj_32648)
Posted: April 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow in Single Cell and Multiomics Computational Research
Dr. Y. Ann Chen’s group
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Now hiring a Postdoc Fellow for Single Cell Computational Research in the Laboratory of Dr. Y. Ann Chen (http://lab.moffitt.org/chen/) at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. We are looking for a highly motivated and independent candidate with a strong quantitative background to develop computational approaches for analyzing single-cell and multi-omics data in cancer research.
- This position will be involved in exciting cancer omics projects.
- The goals are to understand tumor-immune interaction, enhance cancer therapeutics prediction, select predictive biomarkers, and improve cancer patient outcomes.
- The research fellow will have the opportunity to be trained by computational and experimental mentors and will be supervised by Dr. Chen.
- He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with cutting-edge oncology research groups and clinicians at the Moffitt Cancer Center and work on translational research projects.
- Experience in integration of multi-omics data (e.g., whole-exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc).
- Experience with cluster environments or cloud computing.
- Research experiences in machine learning, and/or interactive tool development.
- A track record of conference poster and/or oral presentations, and first author peer-reviewed publications, is expected.
- The research fellow will be responsible for developing statistical methods and computational tools for integrating and visualizing multi-modality single-cell and bulk omics datasets.
- Design and conduct research directed towards answering specific scientific questions with limited supervision under the general guidance of the Investigator.
- Record, compile and analyze research data. Generate presentation-ready processed data (e.g., graphs and tables) under appropriate supervision.
- May work individually or may have significant oversight over other less experienced research personnel.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of an M.D. or Ph.D. in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Highly motivated and independent with a strong quantitative scientific background.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Candidates with less than three years of postdoctoral training are preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong evidence of productivity, creativity, and self-motivation.
Come and join us to "contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer"!
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.