Bone Metastatic Prostate Cancer Eco-Evolutionary Postdoctoral Fellow
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7138305 (Ref:hlj_30522)
Posted: April 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
One fully funded post-doctoral position is available to study molecular cross-talk between bone metastatic cancer cells and the surrounding bone microenvironment. Our group also focuses heavily on translational research and the use of integrated mathematical models to study the temporal multi-cellular dynamics of tumor-bone interaction.
• Projects include assessment of novel small molecule inhibitors on the progression of bone metastatic cancer, multiple myeloma and osteosarcoma as well as mechanistic studies of the tumor bone/immune microenvironment.
• Opportunities exist to be involved in mathematical/computational modeling of prostate cancer progression and the application of adaptive therapy to prevent resistance.
• Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
• Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
• You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Highly motivated and independent.
• Willing to learn new techniques/protocols.
• Have good communication/written skills.
• Willing to write fellowship applications/manuscripts.
• Should be able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Must be familiar with routine cell culture, protein and DNA techniques as evidenced by publications.
• Has in vivo and histology experience.
• Develop and execute research ideas.
• Assist in grant/manuscript writing.
• Training of other personnel.
• Accurate record keeping.
• Present research in informal meetings and at local/national/international conferences.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or PhD required.
• Should have at least one first Author publication
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to the attention of Dr. Conor C. Lynch.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.