Postdoctoral Fellow – Jayati Basu Lab
Job posting number: #7137414 (Ref:ccf18083637)
Posted: March 31, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking an outstanding candidate with strong motivation to fill a post-doctoral position in the field of Molecular Cellular Immunology in Dr. Jayati Basu’s laboratory in the Department of Inflammation and Immunity. The postdoc will study molecular mechanisms regulating immune cell development and function in health and disease using mouse models and clinical samples. The research in the Basu lab focuses on development and functional lineage differentiation of lymphocytes and myeloid cell in thymus, bone marrow and barrier tissues. Particularly, the lab studies how cytokine, chemokine, other tissue-derived factors and microbiota regulates transcriptional network to control development and function of these immune cells in heath and disease [Nat Immunol. 2021 Aug;22(8):969-982; Oncogene. 2023 Jan;42(5):351-363.; Commun Biol. 2022 Jan 21;5(1):84.; Nature. 2020 Jun;582(7810):109-114.]. The lab is new but well equipped with novel genetically engineered mouse models, in addition the postdoc will have opportunity to work side by side in bench with Dr. Basu.
Principal Investigator: Jayati Basu, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation and Immunity
Lab Research Topics:
- Forward Genetics: Mouse Models
- Inflammation and Cancer
- Gene Regulation
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/inflammation-immunity/basu/ or contact Dr. Basu at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation of the and manuscript preparation
- Wet and dry lab activities including literature search, collaborate and co-ordinate with other investigators to perform the experiments and keep proper records of the lab activities. Presentation of the data in meetings.
- Highly motivated, works as a team member and excellently communicates in English and happy to work in with multidisciplinary teams.
- Help to train graduate students and junior member of the lab, mouse colony work, collaborate with core facilities to accomplish the task.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- English Proficiency
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. or MD. with at least 2 years of research experience Immunology/Molecular biology/ Genetics. Background in immunology, cellular and molecular biology, or related areas. Prior experience in analysis of immune cells and responses in animal models using flow cytometry, microscopic imaging and molecular biological techniques is desired.
- Kind, patient, nice and happy to help other members of the team.
- Able to use common computer softwares like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Prizm
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Basu at [email protected].
- Respond by email with a curriculum vitae and brief description of previous research activity, future research interests, carrier goal and reference list.
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.