Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7127952 (Ref:15039-en_US)
Posted: March 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Boeynaems lab seeks a postdoctoral fellow to study how protein condensation is implicated in the etiology of neurodegenerative disease and brain cancer. The work includes protein biochemistry/biophysics, cell culture, microscopy and mass spectrometry.
We are affiliated with the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics (MHG) at Baylor College of Medicine and the Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI) at the Texas Children's Hospital. We are also a member of the Center for Alzheimer's and Neurodegenerative Diseases (CAND), the Therapeutic Innovation Center (THINC), and the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center (DLDCCC).
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information needed for particular studies.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments.
- Prepares experimental results for publication and oral presentation.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Strong background in molecular or cellular biology, or biophysics.
- Highly self-motivated with outstanding experimental skills.
- Able to think independently but also work well in a team.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.