Postdoctoral Associate- Biomedical Research
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7125894 (Ref:14815-en_US)
Posted: February 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Jianmin Xu's lab studies biomedical sciences, as well as growth factor and steroid hormone promoted cancers, including breast, prostate, and endometrial cancers. as well as other types of cancers. Because of the high incidences and mortality, these cancers remain to be a major threat to human health. Our studies will help to understand the promoting and inhibiting factors responsible for the initiation, growth and metastasis of these cancers and to identify potential drug targets for treating these cancers.
- Designs and performs molecular biology, cell biology and animal experiments.
- Collects and analyzes data.
- Prepares manuscript drafts for publication.
- Presents his/her data in lab meetings.
- Participates in departmental seminars.
- Maintains an organized daily electronic laboratory notebook.
- Regularly meet with Dr. Xu to discuss his/her work.
- Presents results in professional forums (seminars, meetings, and conferences) .
- Publishes findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Performs assigned general laboratory chores.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.