Postdoctoral Fellow – Sathyamangla Prasad Lab
Job posting number: #7122991 (Ref:ccf17740040)
Posted: February 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Sathyamangla Prasad, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cardiovascular & Metabolic Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Kinase and Phosphatase signaling
- G-protein coupled receptor biology
- Cardiac Biochemistry
- Cell Biology expertise
- Cardiac physiology
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Sathyamangla Prasad at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Perform cell biological and biochemical studies to understand the regulation of G-protein coupled receptor by phosphatases.
- Cardiac biochemical experiments to understand G-protein coupled receptor function in mice.
- Animal husbandary and handling
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Sathyamangla Prasad at [email protected].
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Post-doctoral fellow, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Kinase Signaling, Phosphatase Signaling, Cardiac Physiology, Cardiac Hypertrophy, Heart Failure.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.