Postdoctoral Associate - Pathology(#102)
Job posting number: #7122353 (Ref:pt100102)
Posted: January 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA fully funded postdoctoral fellow position is available under the mentorship of Dr. Bharat Bhushan at the University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine. Our laboratory is a world leader in conducting research for liver toxicology and liver regenerative medicine (see Michalopoulos and Bhushan, Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; PMID: 32764740). Our lab currently has an exciting opening to conduct R01-funded research, aimed at developing regenerative therapies and understanding the mechanisms of acetaminophen hepatotoxicity, the foremost cause of acute liver failure in the US. The funds will be available for at least five years. The fellow will utilize state-of-the-art transgenic models and -omics approach for answering the research questions. Our department and affiliated Pittsburgh Liver Research Center is world-renowned for cutting-edge liver research and is a hub for leading investigators in liver biology. Dr. Bhushan has consistently published original research articles in high-impact journals such as Hepatology. The career development of the trainees is the topmost priority of the mentor. Trainees will receive personalized mentoring toward their career goals and future transition to a research career in academia or industry as per their interests. Fellows will be mentored to lead independent research projects, to prepare high-impact publications and to write successful grants. Opportunities will be provided to present at national/international scientific meetings, and apply for postdoctoral fellowships and awards. This is an excellent opportunity for self-driven and creative individuals to build their careers and make seminal contributions to the field of liver biology. Please feel free to contact Dr. Bhushan ([email protected]) regarding this opportunity.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in a biomedical field. Possible disciplines include but are not limited to molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology
- Candidates with training in liver biology would be preferred, but this is not essential to apply to this position.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and skills in cell and molecular biology. However, necessary training can be provided by our skilled technical staff upon joining. The ability to think critically and eagerness to learn are the most important criteria
- Fellows will be mentored to lead independent research projects, to prepare high impact publications and to write successful grants.
- Opportunities will be provided to learn cutting-edge techniques available in our world-renowned Pittsburgh Liver Research Center, perform state-of-the-art omics experiments and conduct collaborative research with world leaders in the field of liver biology.
- Opportunities will be provided to present at national/international scientific meetings, apply for postdoctoral fellowships and awards. Additional career development opportunities are available through the Postdoctoral Affairs Office.
- Sponsorship of Visa, if required, will be available.
- The Career development of the trainees is the topmost priority of our lab. Trainees will receive personalized mentoring toward their career goals and future transition to a research career in academia or industry as per their interests.
- The University of Pittsburgh consistently ranks in the top five of NIH biomedical research funding and Pittsburgh has been consistently voted as one of the top livable cities in the US.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Fellow will work on research projects aimed at developing regenerative therapies and understanding the mechanisms of acetaminophen hepatotoxicity
For more info about this position, visit:https://www.path.pitt.edu/people/bharat-bhushan-phd
Application Instructions:visit join.pitt.edu and View Requisition Number (23000544) to apply