Postdoctoral Fellow – Hyun Jung Kim Lab
Job posting number: #7122314 (Ref:ccf17697383)
Posted: January 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Hyun Jung Kim, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation and Immunity
Two major topics on these positions:
1) Microbiome-mediated disease modeling in Organs-on-chips
2) Development of a multiplex, scalable Organs-on-chips microplatform
Lab Research Topics:
- Organ-on-a-chip, Microfluidics, Device
- Host-microbiome interactions, Immunology
- Disease modeling (IBD, CRC, CDI, CeD, Pouchitis)
- Synthetid biology, Systems biology, Multi-omics
- Mechanical eng., 3D printing, Tissue eng.
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://biomelab2022.wordpress.com/positions/ or contact Hyun Jung Kim at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Perform collaborative translational projects
- Develop innovative breakthroughs on projects
- Publish research articles in top-tier journals
- Present research results in scientifid meetings
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Strong research expertise in mucosal immunology, cancer immunology, or host-microbiome interactions
- Strong expertise in synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, or microbial genetic engineering
- Strong skillsets in cell and tissue engineering
- Strong disease-specific multi-omics training including single-cell transcriptomics and metabolomics
- Strong research expertise in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, automation, or mechatronics engineering
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Hyun Jung Kim at [email protected].
- Research Statement
- 3 Reference lists
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, Inflammation & Immunity (I&I), Lerner Research Institute (LRI), Gut microbiome, Biomedical engineering (BME), Gastrointestinal tract, Co-culture, Leadership.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.