Postdoctoral Fellow – Timothy Chan Lab
Job posting number: #7121155 (Ref:ccf17618229)
Posted: January 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Timothy Chan, MD, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Center for Immunotherapy and Precision Immuno-Oncology
Lab Research Topics:
- Molecular/cellular biology
- Immunology; genetics
- Cancer progression and therapeutic response
- Biology, Biochemistry
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/citi/
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation.
- Reports and assists with the management of protocol deviations, adverse events and other project-related issues.
- Conducts research focused on immunotherapy and cancer genomics.
- Plans, organizes, performs and monitors daily project protocols.
- Collects, prepares and maintains required research documentation, including informed consent records, case records, clinical notes and medical reports.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- PhD in an appropriate scientific field such as Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or other similar science major.
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
Full applications including curriculum vitae, a summary of current and future research interests and expected availability date, a description of past research experience and accomplishments, selected reprints of publications and three references should be submitted
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.