Postdoctoral Associate - Neurological Surgery
Job posting number: #7117338 (Ref:pt10092)
Posted: December 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Qualifications or Expectations:
- A doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in biomedical science/biomechanical engineering with a strong emphasis on molecular biology.
- Ability to fulfill the academic writing requirements for scientific publications.
- Ability to generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions.
- Cover letter detailing molecular biology skills and experience is required as part of the application.
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology including cloning, primer design and optimization, sequencing, and gene editing including but not limited to CRISPR technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements for successful execution of a research project.
- Experience using small rodents in research is preferred but not required.
- Expectation of, and support for, writing independent postdoctoral fellowship applications
- Full access to the U. Pittsburgh Office of Academic Career Development (https://www.oacd.health.pitt.edu/postdocs/programs)
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assist with ordering of supplies as needed and general lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance.
- Collect, prepare and analyze research data, including periodical pertinent scientific literature search, keep a detailed notebook summarizing experiments, record research data and maintain a computer database of research data.
- Develop short and long term research plans to investigate the research questions in the major project assigned by the PI.
- Format data for presentation and use graphical and statistical software (Graphpad Prism) to analyze and present data and participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals. Assist in grant writing.
- Implement short and long term research plans, including performing and troubleshooting all required experiments.
- Provide short and long term research support, specifically but not exclusively in the area of molecular biology, to the other members of the Neuroapoptosis laboratory team.
- Supervise other personnel in the laboratory to coordinate research efforts for increased efficiency and participate in the training of fellows, residents, students, and interns as needed.
Application Instructions:visit join.pitt.edu and View Requisition Number 22009243 to apply