Job posting number: #7117185 (Ref:414525)
Posted: December 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We welcome you to apply to a new Tours Coordinator role with our Communications and Public Affairs Events Center of Excellence. In this role, you will contribute to the planning and delivery of Argonne’s public tour program in addition to assigned events including but not limited to scientific conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars, and protocol visits. You will also:
- Produce successful tours and events that achieve the goals and outcomes established by key Laboratory internal and external stakeholders and ensures a favorable image and attitude toward the Laboratory and its programs.
- Serve as a liaison to and manage logistical details for guests, visitors, organizers, speakers, vendors, and attendees.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Energy policies and procedures.
- Support a team of part-time tour escorts, including but not limited to the onboarding and training.
This is hybrid work role is mostly on-site in Lemont, Illinois with some remote days not exceeding 40% of regularly scheduled time. The nature of this work requires the ability to work irregular hours including rare weekends, as necessary.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Knowledge of standard industry practices and protocols with strategic event management, including the management of conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars, visits, and tours.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills resulting in positive, productive interactions with external and internal contacts at all levels, including senior Laboratory management and distinguished visitors.
- Knowledge of suppliers for facilities and services for event planning.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in digital tools required for successful tour and event management (including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Cvent, Qualtrics, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Experience demonstrating organizational skills, resourcefulness, creativity, and the ability to solve problems independently with attention to details.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork.
This position can be hired at one of two levels; the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (PA2 or PA3) dependent upon the depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills. The minimum requirements of the two levels are as follows:
- PA2: Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent
- PA3: Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience, or equivalent
Job FamilyProfessional Administrative (PA)
Job ProfileConference & Event Planning 2
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.