Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow
Job posting number: #7116647
Posted: November 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Division of Education and Training at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center is seeking an Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow. This fellowship is designed for recent PhD graduates or postdoctoral fellows who wish to pursue careers in educational administration. The primary focus of the Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow will be to assist in the directives of the Office for Postdoctoral Fellows and participate in secondary activities within the Trainee Career Enhancement Department. The Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow's training will follow a learning plan to be developed in collaboration with their supervisor prior to the start of their appointment. The expectation is that the Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow will apply for employment in administrative management positions (e.g., career services, student services, postdoc offices, grant development, college/graduate school or departmental operations, etc.) at an academic and/or medical institution at the conclusion of their training.
Trainees who complete the fellowship will learn how to...
1. Develop and execute educational programs-focused on enhancing postdoctoral and graduate student researchers' professional and career progression skills.
2. Collaborate with stakeholders involved in postdoctoral and graduate education initiatives
3. Explain institutional office structure and organization, and institutional policies and procedures
4. Communicate and present information to the postdoctoral community and relevant stakeholders
5. Utilize learning management systems and design websites
6. Produce surveys to collect and analyze metrics for data-driven decision making in education and training
Trainees who complete the fellowship may also learn how to...
1. facilitate orientation or one-on-one/group advising sessions to Postdocs/Postdoctoral Association
2. Prepare in-person or virtual events
3. Conduct administrative responsibilities of the Cancer Research Career Enhancement (CRCE) component of MD Anderson's P30 Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG)
4. Network with and recruit prospective postdoctoral fellows to MD Anderson
5. Implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives related to postdoctoral fellow and graduate student training and career development.
Applicants must have received a PhD/equivalent or be in the final stages of PhD training with a projected completion date in the next 3 months.
PhD/equivalent must be completed before starting the Administrative Fellowship.
Applicants demonstrate leadership, extracurricular participation, and/or career planning and exploration, leading to an interest in administrative leadership at an academic institution.
While we will accept applications from PhDs/PhD candidates from multiple fields, candidates whose backgrounds or experience show strong alignment to biomedical/research training will be prioritized.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
The position will be an Administrative Postdoctoral Fellowship. It will have a yearly stipend of $63,000.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html