Postdoctoral fellow Computational Science
Job posting number: #7115544 (Ref:pf-4869801)
Posted: November 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Computational Scientist at Pfizer Worldwide Research, Development and Medical
The Emerging Science & Innovation unit at Pfizer Worldwide Research, Development and Medical (ES&I, WRDM) is seeking a passionate scientist with strong computational skills for a 2-year project aimed at integrative omics for target discovery in autoimmune disease.
In this role you will join an energetic team based in Stockholm at the Hagastaden and Karolinska Institutet campus with the overarching goal of supporting the development of next-generation treatments in autoimmune disorders.
In more detail, you will be responsible for planning and conducting biostatistical and bioinformatic analyses across deeply phenotyped internal and external human patient datasets. You will work alongside a team of geneticists and biologists locally and a wider team of global colleagues.
The successful candidate is one who is passionate about science, innovation, effectively trouble shoots challenges, assumes personal accountability, and thrives in a team environment. To be successful in this role we think you need a background in Computational Science, Biostatistics, Genetics, Epidemiology or similar academic discipline.
- Plan, execute and communicate analysis based on integrative omics studies in large biobank studies and internal clinical trials
- Support the team with computational drug discovery strategies
- Support identification of new collaborative opportunities in the area of autoimmune disorders
- To work closely with computational scientists in Target Sciences and the Systems Immunology team
- To liaise with other key stakeholders in genetics, biology, chemistry, DMPK, safety, clinical) and outside Pfizer (e.g., public/private consortia, CROs, biotech partners, academic investigators).
- Be a highly effective communicator at daily work in writing documents and in presentations
- Follow standard operating procedures to assure compliance and integrity
- Completed PhD in Computational Science, Biostatistics, Genetics, Epidemiology or similar discipline
- A track record of peer reviewed published papers
- Documented skills in R, Python, SAS, STATA or other statistics/programming package
- Highly effective in both written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A high level of integrity and desire to develop transformational medicines that bring benefit to patients
- Strong self-motivation
Our offer to you
At Pfizer, we invest in creating an environment which unleashes the power of our people. Some of our key drivers:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Everyone has something to offer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive organization is crucial to building a successful organization. Pfizer is committed to celebrating this in all its forms ensuring we are as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
When you grow, We Grow! - All colleagues are empowered to unleash their full potential, delivering on our company purpose through non-linear career paths, made of a diverse set of experiences.
Health & Wellbeing– We empower our colleagues to better care for themselves and make new investments to help them manage their mental and physical well-being. Ensuring an environment where colleagues can unleash their power and bring joy at work is one of our focus areas.
Let’s start the conversation - join us in our ambition to create breakthroughs that change patients’ lives.
We are looking forward to your application, submitted with CV and cover letter in English, as soon as possible, no later than November 8th.
For more details, please reach out to recruiting manager Anders.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Research and Development
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.