Postdoctoral Fellow – Ranjan Dutta Lab
Job posting number: #7114287 (Ref:ccf16923433)
Posted: October 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Dutta laboratory is looking for a senior postdoctoral fellow. The candidate is expected to lead NIH funded study to investigate mechanisms underlying failed repair in Multiple sclerosis. Candidate should be well versed with animal handling, molecular biology and microscopic techniques. Expertise in Oligodendrocyte and myelin biology is a plus.
We are a growing laboratory and the candidate will have an opportunity to interact with technicians, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students.
Principal Investigator: Ranjan Dutta, Ph.D.
Lerner Research Institute Department: Neuroscience
Lab Research Topics:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myelin and oligodendrocytes
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/neurosci/dutta/ or contact Dr. Dutta at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Conduct experiments
- Prepare manuscripts
- Weekly meeting with PI
- Lead collaborative studies
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Assist in grant management
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Ranjan Dutta at [email protected].
- Research statement
- List of references
Keywords: Postdoc, research, LRI, snRNA, proteomics, cell culture, Gene editing, microglia, epigenetics, cell cultures, microscopy
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.