Postdoctoral Associate - Bioengineering(#82)
Job posting number: #7113125 (Ref:pt10082)
Posted: September 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionOur research team at the University of Pittsburgh seeks a Postdoctoral Research Associate in tissue engineering, biomaterials, and mechanobiology. In close collaboration with a large interdisciplinary team, we are developing a fully biodegradable tissue engineered vascular graft that is compliance matched at implantation and utilizes a novel drug delivery approach to promote compliance maintenance in-vivo.
This Postdoctoral Associate will be responsible for leading the design, fabrication, and in-vitro and in-vivo assessment of the afore-mentioned vascular graft, with a particular focus on delayed release, intravital imaging, and the mechanobiology of graft remodeling. The researcher on this NIH funded project will benefit from a close interdisciplinary collaboration between the Vande Geest, Wagner, and Little labs as well as an interdisciplinary group of scientists and clinicians from the Vascular Medicine Institute and McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, including but not limited to Drs. Kang Kim and Edith Tzeng.
Interested applicants should apply to requisition number 22001023 at Pitt Talent Center by visiting https://www.join.pitt.edu. Interested individuals should submit: (1) CV, (2) statement of research interest and purpose, (3) unofficial copy of full UG and Grad transcripts, (4) email and phone number for three references. This position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Molecular/Vascular Biology, or related field.
- Strong background in continuum mechanics, finite element modeling, polymeric biomaterials, drug delivery, or vascular mechanobiology is required.
- Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to develop their career including having ample opportunities to secure their own funding through grant submissions
- Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to present research findings at national and international conferences.
- Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to publish results in revered tissue engineering or similar journals
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Data analysis and statistics using Matlab or R. Independence expected.
- Drafting, editing, and submission of grants. Training and guidance provided.
- Drafting, editing, and submission of manuscript including manuscript revisions and resubmission. Independence expected.
- Explant sectioning, labeling, and imaging. Independence expected
- Fabrication of delayed release microparticles and inclusion into implanted vascular grafts. Training and guidance provided.
- In-vitro assessment of vascular graft remodeling and mechanobiology using a two photon microscope. Training and guidance provided
- In-vivo assessment of a tissue engineered vascular graft using ultrasound imaging. Independence expected.
- Mechanical design and biofabrication of tissue engineered vascular grafts. Training and guidance provided.
- Surgical implantation of a vascular graft into rats and sheep. Training an guidance provided.
For more info about this position, visit:http://www.stblvandegeest.com
Application Instructions:Interested applicants should apply to requisition number 22001023 at Pitt Talent Center by visiting https://www.join.pitt.edu. Interested individuals should submit: (1) CV, (2) statement of research interest and purpose, (3) unofficial copy of full UG and Grad transcripts, (4) email and phone number for three references. This position will remain open until filled.