Postdoctoral Fellow – Jianguo Cheng Lab
Job posting number: #7112343 (Ref:ccf16792807)
Posted: September 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Two postdoc positions are available. Under supervision of the PI, the individuals will be working within a multidisciplinary team on a translational research project funded by the NIH/NINDS.
Principal Investigator: Jianguo Cheng, MD, PhD
Departments: Neurosciences and Pain Management
Lab Research Topics:
- Stem cell biology and clinical applications
- Neuropathic pain
- Biologics and cell-based therapies
- Neuroimmune interactions
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/neurosci/cheng/ or contact Dr. Cheng at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Cell culture and molecular techniques
- In vitro experiments with stem cells
- Experimentation with animal models of pain
- Data collection, analysis, and report
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Pain research experience preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic and independent research capacity preferred
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong team player.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research interest/experience statement
- 3 reference letters.
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Pain, Stem cells, Translational research, Molecular biology, Neurons, Microglia, In vitro assays, Behavioral assessment, Sensory/motor functions, Clinical outcomes
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.