Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs: Predoctoral, Dissertation, and Postdoctoral Fellowships
Job posting number: #7111702
Posted: September 26, 2022
Job DescriptionThe National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is accepting online applications for the 2023 Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs. Eligibility and application information are available on the Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs website.
Through its program of fellowships, the Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
Apply now to be a part of the Ford Fellows and celebrate the legacy of this impactful program!
• All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card); individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program;¹ Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794; individuals granted Temporary Protected Status; asylees; and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation;
• Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations); and
• Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the U.S.
1Eligibility includes individuals with current status under the DACA Program, as well as individuals whose status may have lapsed but who continue to meet all the USCIS guidelines for DACA.
• Predoctoral: $27,000 per year for three years
• Dissertation: $28,000 for one year
• Postdoctoral: $50,000 for one year
Application Deadline Dates:
• Predoctoral: December 15, 2022 (5:00 PM EST)
• Dissertation: December 8, 2022 (5:00 PM EST)
• Postdoctoral: December 8, 2022 (5:00 PM EST)
Supplementary Materials Deadline Date (Submitted Applications):
• January 5, 2023 (5:00 PM EST)
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine value diversity in our members, volunteers, and staff and strive for a culture of inclusion in our workplace and activities. Convening a diverse community to exchange ideas and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and increases our relevance as advisers to the nation about the most complex issues facing the nation and the world. To promote diversity and inclusion in the sciences, engineering, and medicine, we are committed to increasing the diversity of the National Academies’ staff, members, and volunteers to reflect the populations we serve. We pledge to cultivate an environment and culture that promotes inclusion and values respectful participation of all individuals who help advance the mission of the institution.