Postdoctoral Associate - Cardiothoracic Surgery
Job posting number: #7111043 (Ref:pt10021)
Posted: September 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Responsibilities will include:
• Performing experiments in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo lung perfusion.
• Analyzing data used for grant submission and publication in scientific journals;
• Collecting and processing clinical samples from lung transplant cases;
• Writing and submitting abstracts and manuscripts;
• Presenting at national conferences;
• Any other assignments requested by the principal investigator
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Postdoc position requires MD or PhD degree in biological science , or other relevant technical background
•Demonstrated independent research output
• Any research experience is preferred.
• Experienced post-doctoral candidates are preferred; however, those applicants with a strong interest in the field of research are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Candidates must be able to develop solutions to fix issues.
- Candidates must be able to work independently to follow established assay protocols
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Analyzing data used for grant submission and publication in scientific journals
- Collecting and processing clinical samples from lung transplant cases
- Keep the colony of genetic knockout mice and in vitro cell culture
- Performing experiments in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo lung perfusion
- Presenting at national conferences
- Writing and submitting abstracts and manuscripts
Application Instructions:Visit www.join.pitt.edu and View Requisition Number 22004647 to apply