Postdoctoral Associate - Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Job posting number: #7111035 (Ref:pt1006)
Posted: September 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Experience with herpesvirus reactivation, viral gene regulation or the use of 3-D cell culture models will be highly ranked.
- The ideal candidate should have a PhD in the field of virology or cancer biology.
-Applicants should have a strong affinity for interdisciplinary science.
- As a Postdoctoral Associate, you are encouraged to participate in preparation and publication of your research findings, seminars, professional development opportunities, and presentation of your research scholarship at scientific meetings.
- It is your responsibility to actively participate in these activities and seek advice during your postdoctoral experience.
- You are encouraged to take advantage of the Cancer Center-led Women’s Task Force and other Institutional career development opportunities administered through the Postdoctoral Affairs Office.
- You will be highly encouraged and supported for applying for external fellowships and awards to provide your extra financial support.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Postdoc will be trained on 3-D cell culture and will have exciting opportunities to work with bioinformaticians and physician scientists.
- Postdoctoral candidate will have independent thinking, experimental rigor and evidence of scientific writing and presentation.
- Postdoctoral candidate will study Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC).
Application Instructions:Visit www.join.pitt.edu and View Requisition Number 22000453 to apply.