Campus Mobility Coordinator
Job posting number: #7109375 (Ref:414037)
Posted: August 31, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Argonne National Laboratory is searching for a Campus Mobility Coordinator to join its Strategic Planning and Sustainability team within the Infrastructure Services Directorate.
The Campus Mobility Coordinator supports strategic planning and implementation of mobility programs to support employees, occupants and visitors with traveling to, from and around Argonne’s Campus in Lemont, IL and Hyde Park in Chicago. Specific programs include bikeshare, carpooling, employee electric vehicle charging, shuttle and other last mile services, and fleet electrification with the goal of meeting the laboratory’s mobility needs in an efficient and equitable manner. The Campus Mobility Coordinator is responsible for data analysis, planning and program implementation and reporting to meet the laboratory’s mobility needs and achieve the Department of Energy’s goals for net zero carbon emissions and net zero emission fleet.
This position establishes technical guidelines, design standards and best management practices for incorporating mobility services into campus infrastructure including electric charging station infrastructure for employees and fleet, bike racks and bikeshare stations and for transitioning the fleet to zero emission to meet DOE’s goals. The Campus Mobility Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating as needed with Laboratory research and technology organizations on efforts related to mobility and related subject matter (e.g. autonomous vehicles)
- Develop and perform analyses of commuter travel behaviors, trends and policies related to multi-modal transportation, transportation demand management strategies, and clean vehicle technologies for fleet and commuter use (e.g., such as plug-in electric vehicles, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, and advanced biofuels).
- Assess the merits and impacts associated with a range of plans and solutions within a broad sustainability and operations perspective.
- Deliver quality plans and analyses that synthesize the inputs from ongoing activities, stakeholders, team collaboration, and other sources.
- Translate analysis results into effective and influential communication products, plans and tools tailored to audience requirements.
- Support the laboratory’s sustainability performance, sustainability data analysis, and other reporting requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for meeting federal zero emission fleet requirements and complying with green fleet requirements.
- Develop roadmap for meeting zero emission fleet goals and provide recommendations for regular fleet and vehicle replacement and procurement process.
- Regularly evaluate federal fleet management and mobility requirements and identify changes or program enhancements to meet requirements. Work with appropriate mobility stakeholders to ensure alignment of proposed changes to associated DOE goals and/or orders.
- Support the Argonne employee electric vehicle charging program including managing new member intake, managing user issues and concerns, identifying and promoting continuous improvement opportunities, leading project implementation, managing charging station maintenance and expansion, and conducting program outreach and training
- Support the Argonne onsite mobility programs including conducting program outreach and training, facilitating helmet purchasing and distribution, managing seasonal program launch and suspension activities, leading project implementation, identifying and promoting continuous improvement opportunities and working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support efforts to design and implement employee commuting programs. (Serve as the subject matter expert on Argonne’s transportation mobility options and interface with DOE and external service providers (e.g., RTA, CTA, Metra, Pace, CDOT, and Consultants) and Argonne staff as needed.
- Supporting the development of annual budget estimates and requests for mobility programs and zero-emission fleet goals.
- Support efforts to design and implement internal behavior change campaigns and participate in regional campaigns related to reducing the environmental impacts associated with employee commuting.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in transportation planning, urban planning, transportation or civil engineering or substantially similar area.
- Four (4) or more years of progressively responsible transportation and mobility experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and regulations pertaining to transportation and mobility planning and execution.
- Knowledge of current trends in active transportation, complete streets, trip generation and parking requirements to encourage desirable development outcomes.
- Ability to research methods and sources of transportation information and best practices related to urban and suburban campus settings and development.
- Good planning skills and the ability to make good judgments and decisions; develop strategic recommendations/solutions and maximize limited resources.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal/external contacts to achieve assigned goals
- Good knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership, customers, and service personnel.
- Analytical skills and the ability to make assessments and recommendations established with data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, officials, other departments, jurisdictions and the public.
- Skill in managing, coordinating and directing work of professionals engaged in technical work.
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileEnvironmental Protection and Sustainability 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.