Postdoctoral Fellow – Apollo Stacy Lab
Job posting number: #7107845 (Ref:ccf16439693)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The oral microbiota is emerging as an important driver of local and systemic inflammatory disease. In the Apollo (Stacy) Lab, we decipher metabolic communication between the oral microbiota and host in the settings of gum disease (periodontitis) and oral cancer. In particular, we analyze how host-derived metabolites shape the ecological balance between commensals and pathogens, and how this balance in turns tunes host immune responses. We leverage an interdisciplinary approach involving bacterial genetics, genomics, animal models, immune profiling, and human samples. Our long-term goal is to translate host-derived metabolites into microbiota-directed therapies.
Principal Investigator: Apollo Stacy, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cardiovascular & Metabolic Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.theapollolab.com or contact Apollo Stacy at [email protected]
- Project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation
- Preparing, collecting, and maintaining required research project documentation and data
- Leading, assisting, and contributing to the preparation of internal and external presentations, reports, and manuscript publications
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Highly self-motivated
- Works well in team environment
- Experience with mouse models
- Microbial genetics/genomics
- Strong communication skills
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Apollo Stacy at [email protected].
- Brief description of research interests and career goals
- Contact info for 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Polymicrobial interactions, Bacterial metabolism, Tn-seq, Metagenomics, Metatranscriptomics, Metabolomics, Flow cytometry
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.