Postdoctoral Fellow – J. Mark Brown Lab
Job posting number: #7106914 (Ref:ccf16364490)
Posted: July 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: J. Mark Brown, Ph.D.
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cardiovascular & Metabolic Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/cms/brown/ or contact Dr. Brown at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation.
- Lead postdoctoral level scientific projects.
- Collaborate with other scientists to advance team goals.
- Participate in grant writing and manuscript preparation.
- Work towards advancing your own career goals.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Leadership potential
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively in a team-science approach
- Training in microbe- or host- metabolism
- Experience with mouse models
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- References list
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Microbiome, Microbiota, Metabolism, Diet, Nutrition, Endocrinology, Lipid, Obesity, Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Cancer, Metabolomics
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.