Postdoctoral Scientist - Advanced Clinical Research Institute/Smidt Heart Institute - Van Eyk Lab
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7106703 (Ref: HRC0519547)
Posted: July 26, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Advanced Clinical Research Institute directed by Jennifer Van Eyk, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is recruiting a basic and translational Postdoctoral Fellow to work in the area of precision health specifically on large-scale projects using proteomics methods in order to move medicine forward to the next level. Our Postdoctoral Fellow will be working within dynamic research program and blending high end technology and project with clear clinical relevance. Projects include plasma profiling of populations using remote sampling devices and or large-scale cell and perturbation screening methods for mechanistic and drug target discovery using patient IPSC derived organoids. Our Postdoctoral Fellow positions are for 1-5 years in length.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, you will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. You may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, analyzes and interprets data. You may assist in preparation of grant proposals and participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author. You will not responsible for generating grant funds.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization is required
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Experience in troubleshooting on basic protocols used in biology and/or mass spectrometry.
- Feel comfortable to work alone and to ask question to the staff if needed.
- Experience in presenting and sharing scientific data.
- Need a basic knowledge in liquid chromatography, immunoassays and/or mass spectrometry (even only theoretical).
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Advanced Clinical Research Institute/Smidt Heart Institute - Van Eyk Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.