San Diego, CA
Job posting number: #7101992 (Ref:spd-2067198)
Posted: June 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
The Program Coordinator performs a variety of diverse administrative duties within the Office of Education, Training, and International Services (OETIS). This position is an administrative role that acts as the first point of contact for the OETIS, both internally and externally. Reporting to the Associate Director, Career Development and Postdoctoral Programs, the Coordinator will also provide support to the OETIS Director, International Services Manager, and Senior International Advisor.
- Provide general administrative and coordination support for all in-person, virtual, and on-demand OETIS programs, workshops, courses, and events, including but not limited to arranging IT support, Facilities, and catering.
- Perform administrative support duties such as recording meeting minutes, data entry, financial account reconciliation, running reports, scheduling and calendaring, travel arrangements, maintaining databases, maintaining webpages and social media accounts, and ordering supplies.
- Support OETIS staff as follows:
- Career Development and Postdoctoral Programs Associate Director: coordination of all workshops and events, including advertising and communications, registration, logistics, post-event tracking and evaluations, dissemination of materials, serving as co-host for remote activities; assists with development of promotional materials, education materials, and newsletter; and other related duties
- OETIS Director: administrative and coordination support for OETIS meetings, administrative support for Institute-wide leadership programs, and processing/tracking OETIS dues, fees, and purchases
- International Services Manager and Senior International Advisor: administrative support for the processing of visa applications and the onboarding of foreign nationals
- Act as point of contact for OETIS, responding to internal and external questions and inquiries, providing assistance, and coordinating urgent matters with OETIS staff.
- In times of need, provide support to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of directly-related administrative support experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is strongly preferred, as is previous experience in an academic or research institution.
- Proof of fully COVID-19 vaccination
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing multiple concurrent time-sensitive projects.
- A proven ability to work cooperatively in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical, and administrative staff to effectively coordinate projects and resources.
- Requires a professional demeanor and strong analytical and organizational skills along with excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Use of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality is imperative, as is possessing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills, professional proficiency with Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn department-specific computer systems as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently when needed, determine appropriate priorities, and complete projects accurately, efficiently, and with a high level of attention to detail, despite competing deadlines and interruptions.
- Experience hosting Zoom meetings and/or webinars is preferred.
- Proficiency with maintaining a professional and active social media account is preferred.
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email [email protected]. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.