Postdoctoral Associate - Aging, Cancer and Immuno-oncology
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
La Jolla, CA
Job posting number: #7101979 (Ref:spd-2035495)
Posted: June 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
Dr. Haricharan’s lab focuses on the role of DNA damage repair in resistance to endocrine therapy in breast cancer. Under limited direction, the Postdoctoral Associate will perform duties as outlined by their supervisor. Being a training position, the Postdoctoral Associate will support the lab and experiments, while pursuing their own research.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to learn to advance projects
- Generate hypotheses, design experiments, interpret data, trouble shoot and optimize experiments
- Be able to analyze and interpret data from different sources and draw relevant conclusions
- Be able to present results at internal and external meetings
- Accurately document experiments
- Contribute to the writing of reports and manuscripts with increasing responsibility over time
- Work collaboratively across lab functions and train other junior lab staff as needed
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences or Biology
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Proof of fully COVID-19 vaccination
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent data presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess strong attention to detail, analytical, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Embody the Institute's core values of Commitment, Collaboration, Communication, Community and Compassion
- Be a quick learner with meticulous attention to detail
- In vivo experience in mice (injection routes, tissue harvesting, tumor measurement etc.) is strongly preferred.
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email [email protected]. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis