Postdoctoral Fellow Tumor Biology
Job posting number: #7101623 (Ref:hlj_37887)
Posted: June 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow Tumor Biology
The Smalley lab studies the biology and therapeutic management of melanoma, the deadliest of all skin cancers. We use cutting edge techniques such as phospho-proteomics, Single Cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, Chip-Seq and other omics platforms to understand signaling adaptation, tumor-immune system crosstalk and epigenetic remodeling. Our focus includes cutaneous melanoma, acral melanoma, pediatric melanoma, melanoma brain metastases and uveal melanoma. The work is highly translational in nature and has led to multiple clinical trials. We have an exciting new opportunity on an industry sponsored project focused on the optimal sequencing of targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
- Opportunity to work on a cutting edge translational project that will lead to the development of new melanoma therapies
- This project will involve state-of-the-art multi-omics and immune analysis.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is highly motivated and curious and willing to learn new skills
- An interest in systems biology approaches to melanoma therapy
- Lead a cutting edge translational project focused on novel approaches to immunotherapy/targeted therapy sequencing
- Conduct an innovative research project at the interface of targeted therapy and immunology
- Manage collaborations between basic scientists, clinicians and industry.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in cell/molecular biology, pharmacology or immunology
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Keiran Smalley.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.