Administrative Assistant - Amenities
Job posting number: #7101546 (Ref:413520)
Posted: June 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Using initiative, independent judgment, and authority within areas of assigned responsibility, handles multiple concurrent activities associated with the administration of the Amenities Office and its programs and services, including but not limited to the Argonne Child Development Center, Fitness Center, Argonne Guest House, Cafeteria and other food service outlets on campus, Vending Program, Abri Credit Union and multiple meeting/conference room reservations, set-up and on-site coordination. Develops, builds and maintains databases and tracking/reservation systems for amenity facilities and programs, coordinates and maintains safety reviews and tracking, and assists where necessary in the administration and successful delivery of these programs.
Under general supervision provides direct and cross-functional support to a wide range of customers. Organizes and expedites flow of work through the Amenities office. Communicates with customers and support personnel and responds independently to a variety of requests and inquiries.
- High school diploma and 8+ years of related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge and skills in database development, report writing from databases, and accurate data management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to operate in a demanding customer service role.
- Organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple concurrent activities meeting designated timeframes often under tight deadlines.
- Experience in event planning or hospitality management.
- General knowledge of office management practices, English grammar and usage, office machine operations and record-keeping procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work with internal and external contacts at varying levels and to achieve established goals.
- Ability to learn and follow Laboratory and divisional policies, practices and procedures.
- Proficient skills in the preparation of publications, reports and technical presentations including typing and editing and converting documents to HTML and PDF.
- Ability to administer principles and technical terminology used in divisional activities.
- Ability to learn and operate laboratory database systems including PARIS, Archibus, AMOS and DSX.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- This is a full-time, 100% on-site position and, as such, is not eligible for remote work.
Job FamilySupport Administrative (SA)
Job ProfileAdministrative Support 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.