Job posting number: #7101285 (Ref:413497)
Posted: June 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite you to apply to an Office Assistant position to join our Shared Services administrative team within our Computing, Environment, and Life Sciences directorate.
In this role you can expect to:
- Perform a variety of administrative activities and tasks to assigned groups, sections, managers, and staff as part of the Computing, Environment and Life Sciences (CELS) – Shared Services administrative support team.
- Assignments may include researching, compiling, tracking, and analyzing data and information from multiple sources.
- Organize, coordinate, and schedule seminars and small meetings, preparing local and domestic travel arrangements
- Complete and submit expense reports, prepare correspondence and reports, purchase supplies, process procurements, filing, and coordinating calendars.
- Utilize various types of software to compile and generate reports, spreadsheet.
- May recommend processes to enhance workflow.
- Provide data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures.
- Provides administrative support for division meetings, conferences, and workshops, as required.
- Skill in ingenuity, creativity, organization and the ability to solve problems independently.
- Skill in setting work priorities and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects for multiple people and achieve desired goals within timeframes.
- Proficient interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact diplomatically and tactfully with people at all levels both within and outside the laboratory.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures and technology.
- Ability to learn Department Of Energy and Argonne's policies, procedures, and organizational structure.
- Ability to become fully proficient with Argonne business process tools (e.g. GetThere, XM, FAVOR, PANDA, AMOS, Paris, Xink).
- Ability to learn technical terminology used in divisional activities.
SA2: High school and 4+ years of related experience, or equivalent
Job FamilySupport Administrative (SA)
Job ProfileAdministrative Support 2
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.