POST DOC FELLOW
Job posting number: #7100280 (Ref:55337)
Posted: May 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Moffitt Cancer Center has state-of the-art core facilities for cell therapy and immunotherapeutic, flow cytometry, proteomics, gene profiling, and transgenic mouse models.
- Support for career development in cancer research and/or clinical lab medicine.
- Moffitt provides a highly collaborative environment emphasizing research with clinical impact and providing extensive support through institutional core facilities.
- Plans and performs experiments directed toward answering specific scientific questions with limited supervision under the general guidance of the Investigator.
- Assists in planning and developing research projects within the laboratory under the Investigator's direction.
- May work individually or may have significant oversight over other less experienced research personnel.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of an M.D. or Ph.D. in Biological Science is required
Preference will be given to those who have recently graduated with a Ph.D. degree in Immunology or related field. Candidates should apply online and include a cover letter briefly summarizing research interests and career goals, CV, and contact information for three academic references.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.