A postdoctoral fellowship position in cancer immunotherapy is available at the Center for Advanced Innate Cell Therapy within the Texas Children’s Cancer Center. This researcher will be part of an interdisciplinary team of laboratory and clinical investigators developing novel forms of cancer immunotherapy. We offer outstanding state-of-the-art, recently expanded laboratory facilities, a highly interactive team work environment and an individualized approach to career development. The fellow will test human NKT cells engineered to express tumor-specific TCRs for anti-tumor potency using in vitro and in vivo experimental model. The project is expected to lead to publications in high quality scientific journals as well as initiation of a phase 1 clinical trial of TCR-NKT cells in cancer patients. Candidates must have a PhD degree and an expertise in tumor immunology with a documented record of productivity.
- Processes peripheral blood, isolates mononuclear cells and specific cell subsets.
- Performs magnetic cell sorting.
- Performs of numeric expansion of lymphocytes in culture.
- Perform molecular cloning of transgenic T cell receptors.
- Performs retroviral transduction of cultured cells.
- Performs immunoflourescent staining and runs and runs flow cytometry analysis.
- Analyses flow cytometry data using FlowJo and DIVA software.
- Measures cell-mediated cytotoxicity and cytokine production.
- Performs therapeutic experiments in mice.
- Documents results of experiments and prepare reports.
- Writes scientific manuscripts.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention to the employer that you saw this ad on PostDoc.com