The Center for Drug Discovery (https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach.
- Participates in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contributes to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: performs compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; designs, screens, and synthesizes DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncovers and utilizes novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluates compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- Performs innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
- Works & communicates effectively in a team environment.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- >3 years of hands-on laboratory experience in medicinal/organic chemistry and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: performing innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Works independently and consults the literature to guide scientific efforts.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention to the employer that you saw this ad on PostDoc.com