Postdoctoral Fellow - Ming Hu Lab
Job posting number: #7090180 (Ref:19339136368)
Posted: December 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking motivated and creative applicants with quantitative research background in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, biostatistics or computer science to join an active and collegial research team, led by Dr. Ming Hu. Appointment would be in Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic.
This work is a key component of the cutting-edge 4D nucleosome project, funded by NIH, and involve the development and application of statistical methods and computational tools for the understanding of chromatin spatial organization at single cell resolution and understanding its implication on gene regulation and disease etiology in a cell-type-specific manner. The postdoc will also have great opportunities to collaborate with researchers in 4D nucleosome, 1000 Genome, Roadmap Epigenomics, ENCODE and Impact of Genomic Variation on Function (IGVF) projects. Dr. Hu will mentor the postdoc and provide highly supportive and dynamic environments to help in the transition to an independent researcher.
Principal Investigator: Ming Hu, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Quantitative Health Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Computational biology and bioinformatics
- Single cell genomics
- Chromatin spatial organization
- Neuropsychiatric disorders
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/qhs/hum/
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Develop statistical methods and computational tools
- Analyze single cell genomics data
- Excellent communication and scientific writing skills
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- PhD in bioinformatics or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in R, Python/Perl
- Knowledge in biology, genetics or genomics
- Familiar with Unix/Linux
- Familiar with high performance computing cluster
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Cover letter
- Research statement
- Sample code
- At least 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Single cell genomics, Chromatin spatial organization, Gene regulation, Computational biology, Bioinformatics
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.