Postdoctoral Fellow - George Muschler Lab
Job posting number: #7089543 (Ref:18474175536)
Posted: November 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This post-doc position leverages opportunities for research innovation that have been created by collaboration between the Muschler Lab and Cell X Technologies, Inc, a Cleveland Clinic spin-off company. The Muschler Lab has earned over 25 year of continuous NIH and DoD funding and lead in the development of rigorous methods and IP enabling optimal harvest, isolation, quantitative assay and performance-based selection of human stem and progenitor cells for cell fabrication. Cell X Technologies, Inc is leveraging this IP with precision robotics and robust modeling to design and deploy innovative products that automate these methods for advanced iPS and MSC manufacturing.
Principal Investigator: George F Muschler, MD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Biomedical Engineering
Lab Research Topics:
- Stem Cell Biology
- iPS Manufacturing
- MSC Manufacturing
- Cell Process Automation
- Machine Learning - Artificial Intelligence
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: http://www.lerner.ccf.org/bme/muschler/ or contact Dr. Muschler at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Develop and test automated tools and processes for cell manufacturing
- Develop and test novel imaging and image processing tools real-time automated live cell management
- Design and develop data systems enabling integration of real-time live cell attributes into process controls
- Contribute to ongoing hardware and software development and innovation
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Experience with iPS reprogramming and expansion methods
- Experience with MSC isolation and expansion methods
- Image processing using phase contract images or fluorescence
- RNA isolation for RNAseq or scRNAseq analysis
- Flow Cytometry and FACS
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research statement
- Reference list
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Stem Cell, Progenitor Cell, induced Pleuripotent Stem Cell, iPS, Mesenchymal Stromal Cell, MSC, CAR-T Cell, Cell Manufacturing, Regenerative Medicine, Tissue Engineering, Robotics, Automation, Image Analysis, Image Processing, Process Optimization, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Modeling, Live cell imaging
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.