Postdoctoral Research Fellows - Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program
Various locations in the U.S., DC
Job posting number: #7089277
Posted: November 16, 2021
Job DescriptionThe National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior fellowship awards at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) under the Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP).
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who are U.S. citizens and hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
• February 1
• May 1
• August 1
• November 1
Awardees have the opportunity to:
• Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the Air Force laboratories
• Devote full-time effort to research and publication
• Access the excellent and often unique Air Force research facilities
• Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers
• Base stipend starting at $76,542; may be higher based on experience
• Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and professional travel allowance
For detailed program information, to search for AFRL, AFIT, and USAFA Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research Adviser(s), visit www.nas.edu/afstfp.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine value diversity in our members, volunteers, and staff and strive for a culture of inclusion in our workplace and activities. Convening a diverse community to exchange ideas and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and increases our relevance as advisers to the nation about the most complex issues facing the nation and the world. To promote diversity and inclusion in the sciences, engineering, and medicine, we are committed to increasing the diversity of the National Academies’ staff, members, and volunteers to reflect the populations we serve. We pledge to cultivate an environment and culture that promotes inclusion and values respectful participation of all individuals who help advance the mission of the institution.