Job posting number: #7088759 (Ref:hlj_33845)
Posted: November 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jose-Alejandro Guevara (JAG-LAB), Department of Immunology. The goal of our lab is to identify signal cues that can be exploited for the benefit of cancer patients receiving T cell-based immunotherapy.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates proficiency in multi-color flow cytometry, and advanced knowledge in cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Working knowledge of mouse genetics and basic mouse husbandry.
- Is a self-motivated, organized, and team-oriented individual.
- Recent Moffitt graduates encouraged to apply.
- Learn research techniques that directly relate to the lab’s projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
- Plan, conduct, and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars.
- Present research findings to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or related field.
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave benefits and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission, then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. [email protected] .
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.