Postdoctoral Fellow in Single Cell and Multi-omics Computational Research
Job posting number: #7084410 (Ref:hlj_32648)
Posted: September 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow in Single Cell and Multiomics Computational Research
Dr. Y. Ann Chen’s group
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Now hiring a Postdoc Fellow for Single Cell Computational Research in the Laboratory of Dr. Y. Ann Chen (http://lab.moffitt.org/chen/) at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. We are looking for a highly motivated and independent candidate with a strong quantitative background to develop computational approaches for analyzing single-cell and multi-omics data in cancer research.
- This position will be involved in exciting cancer omics projects.
- The goals are to understand tumor-immune interaction, enhance cancer therapeutics prediction, select predictive biomarkers, and improve cancer patient outcomes.
- The research fellow will have the opportunity to be trained by computational and experimental mentors and will be supervised by Dr. Chen.
- He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with cutting-edge oncology research groups and clinicians at the Moffitt Cancer Center and work on translational research projects.
- Experience in integration of multi-omics data (e.g., whole-exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc).
- Experience with cluster environments or cloud computing.
- Research experiences in machine learning, and/or interactive tool development.
- A track record of conference poster and/or oral presentations, and first author peer-reviewed publications, is expected.
- The research fellow will be responsible for developing statistical methods and computational tools for integrating and visualizing multi-modality single-cell and bulk omics datasets.
- Design and conduct research directed towards answering specific scientific questions with limited supervision under the general guidance of the Investigator.
- Record, compile and analyze research data. Generate presentation-ready processed data (e.g., graphs and tables) under appropriate supervision.
- May work individually or may have significant oversight over other less experienced research personnel.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of an M.D. or Ph.D. in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Highly motivated and independent with a strong quantitative scientific background.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Candidates with less than three years of postdoctoral training are preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong evidence of productivity, creativity, and self-motivation.
Come and join us to "contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer"!
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter, current CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Y. Ann Chen @ Ann.Chen@moffitt.org.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.