Postdoctoral Fellow for Bioinformatics, Machine Learning and Biomarker Discovery
Job posting number: #7083967
Posted: August 26, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionDr. Xuefeng Wang’s Lab at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, an NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center and top-ranked Cancer Research Institute, is seeking a postdoc fellow to join the group and work on an exciting project funded by NIH. The position will remain open until filled. To learn more about Dr. Wang’s research, visit https://lab.moffitt.org/wang/.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Research background/experiences in bioinformatics, computational biology, or statistics.
• A highly motivated and independent researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background and programming skills.
• Experience in cancer genomics in not required but ability to learn new knowledge is highly desirable.
• Will develop and extend machine learning methods for big cancer Omics data.
• Will help discover new predictive biomarkers for cancer prognosis.
• Will be responsible for developing novel visualizing too that will facilitate interpreting big Omics data in cancer research.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Bioinformatics, Statistics/Biostatistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related fields.
• Strong programming skills in languages such as R/Python.
• Research background in machine learning.
• Experience of integration of multi-omics data including whole exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, current CV with recent publications, and contact information of at least two references to Dr. Xuefeng Wang (email@example.com)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.