POST DOC FELLOW Immunology
Job posting number: #7083589 (Ref:hlj_32428)
Posted: August 23, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow – To study dynamics of antitumor T cell response in model organisms and cancer patients
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Lab page: https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/amer-beg/
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Project will include studies of impact of biologic and small molecule agents on the tumor microenvironment.
- The ideal candidate will have deep immunology expertise and technical training for immune profiling the tumor microenvironment and T cell responses.
- The candidate will perform laboratory studies using advanced immunological and molecular techniques to define treatment impact on the tumor microenvironment.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to manuscript and grant writing and present their research internally and at major scientific conferences.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in relevant scientific field
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.