Postdoctoral Fellow – Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Job posting number: #7080231 (Ref:hlj_31411)
Posted: June 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Lopchuk Lab at Moffitt Cancer Center, in Tampa, Florida, is looking to hire a postdoctoral fellow in the area of synthetic organic chemistry. A variety of projects are ongoing in the lab including the development of novel methods for C–C, C–N, and C–S bond formation, the total synthesis of bioactive natural products, and the structure-based drug design of anticancer compounds. Our lab is grounded in synthetic organic chemistry but operates in a highly collaborative environment within the Department of Drug Discovery and the Molecular Medicine Program.
• Our lab engages in a variety of projects including the development of novel methods for C–C, C–N, and C–S bond formation, the total synthesis of bioactive natural products, and fragment-based drug discovery.
• The Chemistry efforts at the Moffitt Cancer Center are supported by outstanding analytical equipment managed by the Chemical Biology Core. Walk-up access to state of the art NMR, Mass and LC instrumentation.
• Opportunity to work as part of a focused multi-disciplinary team of chemists, biologists and clinical researchers.
• Work in a vibrant Comprehensive Cancer Center supporting translational research.
• Contribute to the Center's mission to contribute to the cure and prevention of cancer.
• The Center actively supports the career development of its postdoctoral researchers.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will have extensive experience in small molecule synthetic organic chemistry (methodology, total synthesis and/or medicinal chemistry).
• A demonstrated track record of independent research through peer-reviewed publications.
• The desire to work in a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative environment.
• To prepare, purify and characterize organic compounds.
• To solve problems by effective literature review.
• To prepare monthly reports to support publications and patent submissions.
• To present progress in team meetings.
• To creatively contribute to the development of new synthetic methodologies and the synthesis of target molecules.
• To work effectively as part of a team, supporting the training and supervision of other group members.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested candidates should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter describing his/her research interests and career goals, current CV, a summary of research accomplishments (4 pages maximum), and the names of 3 references to Dr. Justin M. Lopchuk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.