Postdoc Fellow - Biochemist/chemical biologist
Job posting number: #7055044
Posted: January 2, 2019
Job DescriptionApplications are sought for the position of post-doctoral research fellow in the Drug Discovery Department housed within the H. Lee Moffitt Comprehensive Cancer Center, which is a modern facility on the University of South Florida Campus that conducts research on various aspects of Cancer Biology with emphasis on translational research. The Principal Investigator for this position is Dr. Said Sebti.
• Work on an exciting inter-disciplinary research project concerning understanding aberrant signal transduction pathways in cancer and designing novel anti-cancer drugs based on this knowledge.
• The unique research environment includes state of the art modern molecular and cellular biology as well as Chemical biology.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience in molecular and cellular biology.
• Experience in vitro and in vivo assay development as it relates to drug discovery.
• Demonstrates creativity, high motivation, and good communication skills.
• Experience in developing/writing publications.
• Possess the ability to work independently and within the research group.
• A good understanding of biology and a track record in working closely with experimentalists and clinicians is preferred.
Examples of projects that the candidate will be performing and responsible for are:
1. Identifying small molecules that bind K-Ras and inhibit its GTP activation, binding to its effectors and blocking oncogenesis.
2. Developing dual FTase and GGTase -1 inhibitors as novel anti-cancer drugs targeting human tumors that harbor mutant K-Ras.
3. Identifying cell surface proteins specifically expressed on human cancers that harbor mutant K-Ras.
4. Identifying kinases that are synthetically lethal with mutant K-Ras.
5. Understanding how K-Ras and Ral GTPase regulate p53.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• M.D. or Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, Pharmacology, Drug discovery, Chemical biology
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Dr. Said Sebti at firstname.lastname@example.org
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace