Post Doc Fellow - Immunology
Job posting number: #7055040
Posted: January 2, 2019
Job DescriptionThe H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas, Department of Immunology. Our research is focused on developing translational immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumors.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Demonstrates proficiency in basic immunology techniques, including flow cytometry.
• Is well-experienced in culturing mammalian cell lines and primary mammalian cells.
• Has experience working with mouse models of cancer and demonstrates a working knowledge of mouse genetics and basic mouse husbandry.
• Is a highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented individual
• Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program’s scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
• Plan, conduct and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation and formal seminars
• Present research findings to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other related field
• Applicants should have less than two year’s post-doctoral experience.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace