Directorate Executive Assistant
Job posting number: #7101458 (Ref:413518)
Posted: June 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides administrative support to the Associate Laboratory Director (ALD) for Nuclear Technology and National Security (NTNS). Exercises sound judgment and independent initiative, handles the day-to-day operations and workflow of the ALD`s office. Performs a wide variety of administrative and general support duties often of a highly sensitive nature. Effectively communicates the transfer of verbal and written information; arranges and provides support at meetings, conferences, and workshops. Responsibilities may include coordinating and scheduling meetings, preparing domestic and international travel arrangements, compiling, and formatting presentations, and planning and coordinating onsite visits or workshops.
- Knowledge of secretarial science, office practices, record-keeping procedures, English grammar, and usage.
- Knowledge of Laboratory and Directorate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workloads, handle multiple assignments for multiple areas, manage time, and the ingenuity and creativity to solve problems independently.
- Oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills when interacting and communicating with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Skill in scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, planning workshops and conferences, and coordinating onsite visits of others.
- Skill in reports preparation and correspondence and in communicating both orally and in writing.
- Skill in proofreading and editing reports and composing correspondence.
- Knowledge of one or more word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software application packages.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and the technical terminology used in scientific and engineering activities.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- To perform the essential functions of this position successful applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, which is required to comply with federal regulations and contract. Illegal drug testing as defined in 10 CFR 707.4 and a background investigation will be required prior to employment. The selected candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance and must be a U.S. citizen. Please see http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm for more information about requirements for obtaining a security clearance process.
- This level of knowledge and skill is typically achieved through a high school & 10+ years of relevant experience or Associates Degree 8+ years of relevant experience.
Job FamilySupport Administrative (SA)
Job ProfileAdministrative Support 4
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.