Postdoctoral Fellowship in Smart Ageing Research
Job posting number: #7056215 (Ref:60674)
Posted: February 27, 2019
Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
Job Description• Address critical health & lifestyle issues that present livelihood of seniors living at home.
• Prestigious Postdoctoral Fellowship on offer - kick-start your research career.
• Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work in the CSIRO Health Internet of Things team to help design and develop novel algorithms and implement biomedical hardware and software engineering solutions to support Australian seniors Ageing in Place. In this role, the fellow will have the opportunity to address critical health and lifestyle issues that present livelihood of seniors living at home, through innovative research and development using CSIRO’s Smarter Safer Homes platform. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of research scientists, and engineers at the Australian eHealth Research Centre, a joint venture between CSIRO and the Queensland Government, and will work closely with collaborators from Aged Care industry in Australia.
More specifically you will:
• Contribute to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for health and wellbeing monitoring and management of people living at home using a Smart Home platform.
• Participate in large clinical trials to assist data collection and analytics, sensor development and evaluation, technical and clinical research outputs delivery and presentation.
• Undertake regular reviews of literature and patents in Geriatrics and Gerontology, Internet of Things, and Data Mining/Machine Learning area.
• Possess the discipline to carry out autonomous and also, team work research in Health, Biomedical and Engineering, Machine Learning domain, produce high quality scientific and/or engineering manuscripts towards publication in quality journals and conferences, for client reports and granting of patents.
Location: Herston, Brisbane
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years or three years or part time equivalent
Salary: AU$82K – AU$93K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
• A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Biomedical/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and other engineering degrees.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant postdoctoral experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in data analytics/pattern recognition/statistical inference/signal processing
• Demonstrated experience of mathematical/analytical approach to address real world questions
• Knowledge on Statistics in clinical research and trials, Internet of Things, Sensor and Sensor Network.
• Demonstrated experience in research publications and grant applications.
• The demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
• A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
• High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including through peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications, patents, and presenting at national and international conferences
• A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
For more information please view - https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Brisbane%2C-QLD-Postdoctoral-Fellowship-in-Smart-Ageing-Research/540796100/?locale=en_GB
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 20th March, 2019